Burgers symbolize quick and easy food; Burgers signify cookouts or a great time with family and/or friends. In August, the summer is coming to a close or may have already come to a close. Which means, family and friends are trying to enjoy as much time together as possible before schedules get hectic.
This little recipe is only 345 calories. Even better, the meal will only take up to 15 minutes to make. Can’t get any better than that!
Who doesn’t love nice, juicy burger and Buffalo wings? Why not combine the two to satisfy your spicy and meat-loving craving? The Skinny Blue-Cheese Stuffed Buffalo Burger is the recipe for August.
1 pound of lean ground beef
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup hot sauce
6 tablespoons reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles (1 ½ tablespoons for each burger)
4 whole wheat buns
*Toppings are optional
- Using clean hands, combine the beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce together in a large bowl.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal sized patties, and form a very flat hamburger by pressing with your palms
- Put 1 tablespoon of blue cheese into each hamburger and fold it over onto itself to seal the cheese in the center. Reshape the beef into equal size hamburgers, and make a slight thumb indention in the center of each (keeps them flat while grilling).
- Lightly oil the grill grates with vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray. Grill the hamburgers until they reach desired doneness, or about 4 minutes on each side
- Serve with the remaining ½ tablespoon of blue cheese for each hamburger, and optional toppings as desired