If you want to feel better, look better and have an overall quality of life getting in shape is a good place to start. Every year millions of people start the year with resolutions to lose weight and be healthier. But sadly by mid February those resolutions are soon forgotten. Below are SIXTEEN reasons to help you remember why you started this resolution and hopefully will help you keep pressing toward the goal of a healthier YOU!!! SIXTEEN IN 2016
- Weight training can “reverse” the natural decline in your metabolism which begins around age thirty.
- Movement of the body weight training, aerobics etc…has a positive effect on almost all of your 650 muscles.
- Being fit will give you confidence and boost yourself esteem.
- A healthy body improves the functioning of your immune system.
- You will feel better mentally and emotionally.
- Getting fit can decrease your resting blood pressure.
- A fit person is less likely to have adult onset diabetes.
- By doing weight bearing exercises you can strengthen your bones and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
- A fit body with tone muscles raises your basal metabolism…which causes you to burn more calories 24 hours a day even while you are sleeping.
- The more you get in shape the more energy you will have.
- Strengthening those back and core muscles makes you less prone to back injury.
- A fit persons gastrointestinal transit time is decreased reducing risk for colon cancer.
- Improves balance and coordination which sometimes gets worse as we age.
- Exercise increases flexibility.
- Strong core can improve your posture.
- Healthy bodies lead to a strong and healthy sex life!!
I am sure that there are many many more reasons to get fit but for me I have found that these sixteen are the top! Perhaps one of these or several will motivate you to GET FIT IN 2016!!
Maria Wells is a certified trainer and Fitness Professional @ Factor X Fitness in Valdosta, Georgia for more information contact her at fittalkmaria @ gmail .com