NUTS ARE A GREAT SOURCE OF FIBER , VITAMINS AND LOADED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS. Vitamins B,E, Zinc , Potassium and Magnesium are just a few good reasons to eat from the nut family. They are also a good source of protein and the body loves the good fats they provide in helping keep your good cholesterol in check.
Here are a few facts to help you understand why a adding NUTS to your dietary habits might be beneficial.
- They help prevent coronary diseases and can help prevent stroke.
- Nuts have the super Omega 3 essentials fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties and can help prevent certain cancers.
- Nuts can also be beneficial with Rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s, and Depression
- Being rich in energy and nutrients can give you the extra boost you need to help you get through the day
- Being rich in vitamin E nuts help maintain healthy cells and protects from free radicals.
- Nuts contain the B complex vitamins which are essential to good health.
- Even if you are trying to lose weight eating nuts can help. They release satiety hormones in the gut to help you control appetite.
- Nuts are great for HEART HEALTH !! 30 grams of nuts daily can help your heart stay healthy.
The American Heart Association recommends that you eat 4 serving of unsalted nuts weekly. 1.5 ounces or 2 tablespoons of nut butter. Eat nuts as a substitute for a meat or dairy product. Even though they are good for you we need to eat them in moderation.
So lets get “NUTTY FOR OUR HEALTH”.
Written by: Maria Wells