Pumpkins epitomize the image of fall: pumpkin patches, jack o’ lanterns, and pumpkin spice. Even pumpkin scented candles. It’s pumpkins galore! And nobody seems to mind due to the spirit of the season.
We all know about the pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks, but we should know about the pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins. Haven’t heard of them? It’s fine. Once you get a taste of one, then they will easily become your favorite indulgence. Pumpkin Spice Latte who? Starbucks could go out of business because of these scrumptious muffins. Of course, pumpkin isn’t for everyone, but it never hurts to try one.
The fact that they aren’t difficult to make on top of being just the right amount of deliciousness in your mouth with each bite makes them way better than anything else you will eat this fall.
These treats are perfect for a night in with the family or a family gathering with close relatives and friends. Instead of cake, muffins could be a better alternative. Plus, the house will be consumed with the smell of pumpkin yumminess, one of the best smells ever!
one 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg yolk
2 large eggs
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
½ teaspoon salt
1 ,2-3. tablespoon vanilla
½ cup vegetable oil
8 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place paper baking cups into the muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in two eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in flour mixture until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins ¾ full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for desired food temperature.
This delicate delight doesn’t fail to disappoint. Your taste buds will be craving more and salivating at the thought of these tasty treats. Enjoy!
Recipe of the Month: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin
Written by Maya Bramletta
September 2016 | Health&Life