Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Yield: 14 fritters
4 cups shredded zucchini
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Sour cream, for serving (optional)
1) Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and sprinkle the zucchini lightly with salt. Allow the zucchini to stand for 10 minutes. Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl.
2) Add the flour, eggs, scallions, salt, and pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
3) Add the olive oil to large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of zucchini mixture into pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
4) Cook zucchini fritters for 2-3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout. Transfer fritters to paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle with salt. Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture.
5) Serve topped with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.