Simple Gluten-Free Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups certified gluten-free oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 7×7-inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and mix. Press half of the mixed crust to the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of fresh strawberries.
- Top with remaining crust and bake for 25 minutes.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
1 four-ounce can diced green chiles
2 fifteen-ounce cans beans, rinsed and drained
1 eight-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
3 cups red enchilada sauce, homemade or store-bought, divided
12 corn tortillas, halved
3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
Optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, diced red onion, thinly-sliced green onion, diced avocado
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mist a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 6-7 minutes or until softened. Add in diced green chiles, beans, corn, chicken, and 2 cups enchilada sauce. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of remaining enchilada sauce in the baking dish and spread until the bottom of the dish is evenly coated. Top with a layer of about 8 tortilla halves, so that the entire dish is covered. Top evenly with 1/3 of the chicken mixture, followed by 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese. Finish with a final layer of tortillas, chicken mixture, the remaining 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil bake uncovered for 10 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Garnish with desired toppings.
Easy Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese
10 ounces gluten-free elbow pasta
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
4 cups milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 gluten-free bread slices, toasted and broken into crumbs
1 teaspoon butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt and mustard powder into melted butter and remove saucepan from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and cornstarch together until smooth; stir into butter mixture until well blended. Return saucepan to stove; cook milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir 3 cups cheddar cheese into sauce until heat from sauce melts cheese. Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir well; pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese, gluten-free bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon butter, and paprika. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake until top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.
Gluten-Free Lemon Crinkle Cookies
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
Pinch of salt
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites at medium speed using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Stir in lemon extract. Stir in flour mixture. A thick dough will form.
- Roll into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons in size. Roll balls in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops have crackled and bottoms have lightly browned. Let cool completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.