For the Pie Crust
• 1 large egg room temperature
• 1/2 cup coconut oil not melted, hard
• 1 cup almond flour
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 2/3 cup tapioca flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
For the Apple Pie Filling
• 3 large apples peeled, cored and sliced
into 1/8 to 1/4″ thick
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/8 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Prepare a 9″ pie dish by greasing with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the egg. Pulse several times until it appears crumbly then add the egg and process until it become a dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie dish and press it into the pie dish – up the top and into the bottom of the dish. Using a piece of parchment paper to push the dough into the dish prevents it from sticking to your fingers.
- Use a fork to pierce the dough all over to prevent it from rising during baking.
- Bake at 375 F 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool 10-15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Reduce the oven to 350 F. Transfer the sliced apples to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Toss the mixture to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Place the apple slices in the bottom of the pie crust arranging in a circular motion by slightly overlapping them. Pour the remaining sauce over the apples.
- Bake at 350 F 15-20 minutes uncovered until the apples appear tender and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool 20 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces and enjoying.
Recipe courtesy of https://skinnyfitalicious.com/almond-flour-apple-pie-paleo/