Dark Chocolate Paleo Pancakes.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generous pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 3 Tablespoons ghee or melted coconut oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid vanilla Stevia (optional)
- Fresh berries and whipped cream (or coconut cream), for serving
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients (except the berries and cream). Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir together gently, scraping down the sides, until no large dry pockets remain. It’s OK if there are a few small lumps — don’t over mix the batter.
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Brush some ghee on the surface of the skillet, and using a 1/4 measuring cup, drop dollops of batter onto the hot skillet. Turn the skillet down to medium heat. Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes on each side until they’re toasted and the centers are cooked through. Transfer to a large plate or platter and keep warm.
- Serve with berries, whipped cream, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popcorn
- food processor
- bag of salty microwave popcorn
- freeze dried strawberries
- dark chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. When popcorn has finished popping, melt butter and toss popcorn in the butter, distribute it as evenly as you can.
- Using a food processor blend 1-2 tablespoons of the dried strawberries. Sprinkle the strawberry dust over the popcorn.
- Spread popcorn out on a sheet of wax paper, sprinkle the remaining strawberries over the popcorn.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.